I suppose it was a little too much to hope that Hale's had become a little safer whilst I was away, but I never imagined things were going to go completely the other way. The week began with a supposedly 'simple retrieval mission' organised by our local Sheriff, Darth Gallagher.

And, simple it was, until, you know, the million strong replicant swarm found us. Lets hear it for good intel, folks? We mostly managed to fight our way through it, and were feeling pretty happy with ourselves, until we noticed that we had acquired a casualty. Jai had been downed by the bots, and everyone was running off like nothing had happened!

Thankfully Gabe and Sandra were having none of that, and stayed behind to make sure Jai was ok. You'd think though, that people would approve of people showing compassion, but no, the Sheriff yelled at them all for staying back whilst the others went on. Honestly, isn't there some Browncoat law about not leaving people behind? Needless to say, Sheriff got a lot of evil glares after that.
But that was only the start of what has now become "Shoot Emma's Friends Week" as just a couple of days later, we had all been invited to the town of Prosperity, for some big bash. (I wasnt really there for much of it, I'd noticed the pretty mountains and gone a'climbing by the time the fun was supposed to be starting).


So, as you can imagine, the reavers swarmed in, were upset that they hadn't been invited, refused to believe the obvious lie that their invites must have got lost in the cortex, and summarily decided the best way to avenge the social snub was to eat everyone alive. Or, give it their best effort at least. Being as half the folk in town were from the 12th, they didn't get that far. But Gabe got taken down by friendly fire. (I'm assuming it was friendly fire, the doc was taking bullets out her leg when I dropped back into town, and I know reavers don't use bullets.) She however was a little too groggy to point fingers, or do anything else than make me promise to look after her tomato plants with Amon.
She stayed the night in Prosperity while she healed up, before heading back to Hales in the morning, only to find that later in the day, the reavers were out in force back home as well! Now, Gabe's not one to metaphorically run from a fight, even when she has a serious injury that prevents her from literally running, so we had to spend an awful lot of time convincing her to stay somewhere safe. We had just about managed it too, when Lil-... a party that shall not be named, decided the best way to make Gabe listen was to shoot her again! Not that it really stopped her. Once she had woken up from all the meds Gallagher had been forced to give her to keep her breathing, she took Brunhilde in hand and practically ended the last wave of reavers herself. It were somewhat scary to behold.

We thought that was the end of it, but no, the reavers had somehow been let in on what week it was, so had decided to shoot and kidnap Miss Lily! This of course made the Mayor very mad, well, made her very very calm actually, but I always assume calm is bad with her. I hope Lily's ok... We were yelling when we last spoke n' if somethin'... No. She'll be fine... The Mayor will get her back... She has to.

No comments:
Post a Comment