Steering swiftly away from this digression, I finally met him! He... well, he was a lot less insane and greasy than I had been lead to beleive; and was actually kinda charming in a wierd I-may-be-less-insane-than-you-thought-but-am-still-insane way, he offered to turn me into a robot when he heard I liked shiny things. But, to be honest, I think having a second robot-me running around would be too much for the 'verse (Emma-Six is a heck of a handful) so I declined the offer

Mindo was hailing an emergency on comms, somone had set Jai's MacClarens office on fire! Jai and I rushed there, to find Mindo flailing wildly outside the building, which was indeed on fire, and had a calling card burnt into the side. A big black raven. A raven, and us being in prosperity and all, even someone with my detective skills could tell it was likely something to do with Duncan. We stare at the fire for a while, chatting with Mindo, before realising none of us were actually very good with fires, and walking off; all the while convincing Mindo to come to Hales with the promise of meeting my shiny synthetic counterpart, and lemon pie.
Strangely, this totally worked, and we soon found ourselves in Hale's, hunting for Mindo's old lab. Jai managed to find it, and to my vague discontent it was in MY ROOM. Ok, not my room as such, but the room Lily gave me to stay in when I first started wandering around at ground level in Hale's as opposed to under it. But details aside. Mindo's Lab. My old room. My eventual employment at Blue-sun is looking more and more planned...
Speaking of employment, it was of course at this moment, that my Boss (Miss Xhangsun) arrived, and was peeved to see us in a secret lab, and moreso to see Mindo. She told us to leave as she chained him to a wall and started slapping him around. Seeing as she was about to pull out a whip and gag, I did as I was told and left very fast. I'm not sure whether this is their usual behaviour around eachother, or she just knew the idea of her whipping her brother while he is tied and gagged would make us run away as ordered without hesitation. She is a scary clever woman.
She also told me to kill Wind next time I saw him... I'm not sure how to feel about that.
Anyhoo. This left Jai, Six and Myself to wander to Jai's Hale's office, which you know, was on fire as well. Same Raven and everything. Jai however was more concerned about the fact she had failed to keep her promise to give Mindo Pie, and Six just danced in the fire, and mocked us for being flammable fleshy people. We stayed talking outside the burning building for ages, about the usual things; fire, Bluesun family values, how annoying Six is, pie, Gabe...
I miss Gabe...
- ~ - ~ -
But, you know, it must be another one of those theme weeks (Like the week where everyone I knew got shot each day) because next day, I was hanging in Bootleggers, Kinda maybe hoping to run into Gabe since I'd heard she was around there sometimes, and another crazy red-head and a slightly not all there brother came in! They were, well, in a word, creepy. They sat, they drank, they offended Dr. JJ. The usual newcomer things.
But then -dun-dun-dah- Moonshine! She strolls in, is all 'whoah there, my bar bitches, leave!' and strikes up conversation with the new folk, inviting them to a dance or something! This naturally unnerves just about -everyone- and the pair of them suddenly get a -lot- more confident now Moony is on their side. The girl starts hitting on people, and the brother starts staring and drooling at the dancing Dr. JJ.

I made the slightly silly decision to annoy the brother by dumping the horrid sticky sweaty grimey evil shirt of Wind (who i did not kill... XoXo will be mad...) over his head. He then set his sister on me.
We exchanged an awful lot of insults, jokes, and veiled threats and to my surprise, I think I won.... Funny thing though, I feel sick to my stomach as though I lost... Winning against evil people just means they come back later and win in a different, more painful way... So as much as I hope we've seen the last of Crash and Burn... I kinda doubt we have...

No comments:
Post a Comment